Folks, nothing is paramount to YOUR safety and the safety of those around you.
No matter WHAT you may SEE or READ on this site or in any PistolSnipe™ materials, ALWAYS be responsible for your own SAFETY FIRST!
Here are the NRA 3 Rules of Safe Gun Handling:
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use (yes, I know, NRA is not into Concealed Carry)
Here are some other good ideas:
- ALWAYS treat every gun as if it were LOADED (maybe it is, and, a gun isn’t much good if it’s NOT loaded)
- NEVER point a gun at something you do not intend to DESTROY
- ALWAYS were appropriate, approved HEARING and EYE protection
Remember, you are responsible for what comes out of the barrel of your firearm:
- ALWAYS know your TARGET and what’s BEYOND it
- Be AWARE of the potential for ricochets
- NEVER fire a bullet (ie, shotgun is different) into the air – what goes up WILL come down and may INJURE or KILL a person or DAMAGE property
My advice is to LEARN (in a safe environment from a qualified instructor) how to determine if a firearm is SAFE, ie, unloaded (but continue to treat it as if it were loaded).